Medigap Plan F
When comparing Medicare Supplements people assume the Medigap Plan F is the best plan because it provides the most comprehensive coverage. To a lot of people this would qualify a Medicare Supplement Plan F as the king of Medicare Plans. In this article today Medicare Insurance Finders will provide you with several facts to consider when comparing Medicare Supplements so that you can make the best decision.
Medigap Plan F CoverageAs mentioned previously the Plan F provides the most coverage of any Medicare Supplemental Insurance plan available. Most of the time when you go to the doctor or hospital you will walk away with no co-pays, deductibles, or coinsurance when you have Plan F coverage.
- Basic Benefits (Part B Co-Insurance), Hospital Co-Insurance, 365 Additional Days of Hospital Coverage and Blood Deductible Coverage)
- Part A Deductible
- Part B Deductible
- Skilled Nursing Co-Insurance
- Part B Excess Charges
- Foreign Travel
Medigap Plan F Rates
Medigap Plan F rates will be higher than most other Medicare Supplement Plans due to providing more benefits. Plan F rates can be received by clicking the “Get a Free Online Quote” button above. All that it takes to get a quick Medicare Supplement Quote is some basic demographic information that you will know off the top of your head.
Many people will consider looking at a Medigap Plan G over a Medigap Plan F due to several reasons:
- Plan G is not a guaranteed issue plan which means it will usually get lower rate increases than a Plan F. The people losing Group Coverage or MA coverage will not be able to qualify for a Plan G Medicare Supplement if they are unhealthy.
- The only difference in coverage between a Plan F and Plan G is the Part B deductible. This deductible is only $140 in 2012 and the Plan G will usually be approximately $200 or less a month meaning that it is cost efficient to go with the plan G.
- Example: Plan F costs $150 a month while the Plan G costs $120 a month. The plan G is $30 less per month or $360 a year but the only difference in coverage is a $140 deductible.
The Medicare Supplement Plan F is a great plan that you will be extremely pleased with. We have only experienced 3 claims issues in roughly 10 years when our clients had a Medicare Supplement Plan F and those three times it came down to a way that the doctor’s office had filed the claim. This is probably self explanatory why this Medigap Plan is the most popular plan on the market.
For help finding the best Medigap Plan F Rates in your area please click on the “Get Quote Now” area above or call one of our Senior Market Advisors at 1-877-759-5760 to help you evaluate your Medicare options.