Medigap Insurance Statistics
With over 10,000 people a day turning 65 we have a good base to begin pulling Medigap Insurance Statistics. We have done a study on our clients, baby boomers in general as well as pulling data from actuarial companies and Medigap advocacy groups. This article may not be a clean read but the statistics are pretty good.
Medigap Insurance Statistics - Rate Increases
Medicare Insurance Finders has written these Medigap insurance statistics based on our current Medigap clients. If you are looking for Medigap Quotes Click Here.
- Medicare Supplement policyholders with a Plan G will receive an equal to or smaller rate increase over a Plan F Medicare Supplement 95% of the time.
- Healthy Medicare beneficiaries will compare Medicare Supplement insurance every two or three years in hopes of obtaining a lower Medigap Rate.
Medigap Insurance Statistics - Rural Policy Holders
These statistics were provided by the Partnership to Protect Medigap.
- Roughly 46% of Medigap policyholders had incomes of less than $30,000 per year. Roughly 57% of rural Medigap policyholders had incomes of less than $30,00 per year.
- Over 90% of all Medigap policyholders had incomes of less than $50,000 per year.
- 33% of Medicare Supplement policies had residents in rural areas in 2011 but 23% of all Medicare individuals live in non-metropolitan (rural) areas.
Insurance Companies Offering Medigap Insurance
There are numerous companies that offer Medigap Insurance and companies vary by state. To see a quick comparison of Medicare Supplement Companies by zip code click here and you will be directed to a quote engine which provides a list of carriers by price.
If you have other questions about Medigap Insurance contact Medicare Insurance Finders and we will be your resource for Medicare questions. We can be reached at 1-877-759-5760 or by email at email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our website and make sure to get a Medicare Supplement Quote before you leave.