Medicare Supplement Plans 2019

What is a Medicare Supplement Plan?

This plan is private health insurance that assist in supplementing Original Medicare. As you may or may not know, Medicare covers 80% of cost and you are left with the remaining 20%. This gap can be filled with a Medicare Supplement, also known as “Medigap policy”. This can assist in paying for things such as coinsurance, copayments, deductibles, etc. One important thing to note is that Medicare will not pay for your Medicare Supplement Plans.

How do I get one of these plans?

MWG Senior Services is an insurance company that is licensed to sell Medicare Supplement Insurance. We are licensed with a large variety of carriers to provide the best options that are specific to your needs. Our team will lock arms with you and walk you through the entire process of deciding what plan is best for you. 

Why would I not just go to a carrier?

The reason you would want to come to MWG Senior Services, rather than a carrier, is because we can compare plans that fit your needs and rates that suit your budget. If you go straight to the carrier, they are only going to be able to offer a specific plan without a cost comparison from other carriers. The carrier is focused on providing you with one of their plans. Our focus is assisting you in making the best decision, based on all of the available plans that we can provide you.

When is the best time to get one of these plans?

Your Open Enrollment Period begins the first day of the month that you turn 65 and enrolled in Medicare Part B. This time is crucial because an insurance carrier cannot use medical underwriting while you are in this period. It is important to purchase when you are first eligible because you have the right to purchase any plan that is offered, with better prices and choices, no matter your health conditions.


What are the different Medicare Supplement Plans?

The following chart provided by will explain the benefits associated with each Medicare Supplement plan.Medicare Supplement Plans

Future news for Medicare Supplement Plans:

  • Effective on or after June 1, 2010, the Plans D and G will have new benefits.
  • The Plans E, H, I and J will not be sold but can generally keep the plan, if you have already purchased one.
  • January 1, 2020, Medicare Supplement plans sold to new Medicare enrollees will be prohibited to cover the deductible for Part B.
    • This change will impact those who are new to Medicare on or after 01/01/2020, making Plans C and F unavailable.
      • If you were eligible for Medicare before this date but have not enrolled, you might be able to purchase one of these plans.
        • Who is new to Medicare? Those who turn 65 on or after 01/01/2020 and who become eligible due to disability or ESRD.

How can MWG Senior Services help you?

Our primary objective is to help you avoid penalties by enrolling in the right enrollment periods, while keeping your costs down as much as possible!  We know that is important to so many. If you have questions about navigating the ever-changing Medicare maze or retirement insurance options, we have advisors ready to light the way! Call us at (877) 759-5760 or email It’s that simple!

To request a quote online, click

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published