Medicare Coverage For Virtual Doctor Visits
With the annual flu season coming and COVID-19 cases on the rise, it is more important than ever to take pre-cautions when going out. Some small steps you can take to avoiding infection are washing your hands, not touching eyes or mouth and disinfecting surfaces. If you can avoid visiting places like hospitals or doctor's offices, that will also eliminate chances of exposure. Many people are turning to virtual visits to prevent spreading or getting infected.
What are virtual doctor’s visits?
Virtual visits are known as “E-visits”, which are online appointments with your physician through a patient portal. This is a great option for those who are sick and do not want to get out of the house.
Is telehealth covered under Medicare?
If you have Medicare Part B, then you are covered to visit your doctors through telehealth. While Medicare only covers 80% of your cost, you are left with the remaining 20%.
How to cover the remaining 20%?
To fill the gaps in coverage, you can get a Medicare Supplement. This is also known as “Medigap”.
How can MWG Senior Services help?
We can help you with Medicare and a variety of other types of insurance that might not be covered by Medicare. For example, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Cancer, Long-Term Care, etc. For more information on these retirement insurance options, check out this article: https://blog.mwgseniorservices.com/blogs/mwgss-blog/new-products-on-the-prowl
How to contact MWG Senior Services?
If you would like to talk with someone about Medicare or retirement insurance, be sure to call MWG Senior Services at (877) 759-5760 or email email@example.com. Our team of advisors are ready to walk with you on the road to retirement!