2013 Medicare Costs at a Glance
MWG Senior Services helping you with your Medicare needs.
If you are interested in learning what the 2013 Medicare Costs will be look no further. Today Medicare released this information. In a nutshell, most of the premiums, deductibles, and co-pays associated with Medicare have increased. However, the good news is that if you have a Medicare Supplement Plan these deductibles, coinsurance, and out of pocket expenses will be picked up 100% by a Plan F Medicare Supplement.
Medicare Part A Costs
The 2013 Medicare Costs for Part A have changed very slightly.
- Days 1-60 in the hospital will have a $1,184 deductible for each benefit period ($1,156 in 2012)
- Days 61-90 in the hospital will have a $296 copay per day ($289 in 2012)
- Day 91 and beyond: $592 coinsurance per each "lifetime reserve day" after day 90 for each benefit period in 2013 ($578 in 2012)
- Premiums are usually free but for those paying the premiums dropped $10 per month to $441 per month.
Medicare Part B Costs
The 2013 Medicare Costs for Part B have changed slightly as well:
- In 2013, the base premium for Medicare Part B will be $104.90. In 2012, the premium was $99.90.
- The 2013 Part B Deductible will be $147 ($140 in 2012).
- High Income Earners - can click on the link to learn more about the increase in premium on high income earners. This pertains to an additional tax they receive on the Part B Monthly Premium.
Medicare Part D Costs
The 2013 Medicare Costs for Part D are not determined by Medicare but the private insurance companies offering these plans. There will not be an increase in Part D premiums for the high income earners. These rates will be held at the 2010 high income earners rate and have not changed since 2010.
2013 Medicare Costs - Medigap Premiums
Premiums on Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap Plans) typically will change each year. The premiums are based on different factors that each Medicare Supplement Insurance Company handles differently. Some of these factors are: loss ratios (the dollar amount of claims), administrative costs (policy issue, customer service, commissions, etc.) and other factors that go into keeping a Medicare Supplement Company moving forward.
If you would like to see different Medicare Supplement Costs for 2013 click on the link below to get quotes specifically for you zip code, date of birth, and gender. MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT QUOTES!